Keely & I decided to make small gifts for her new teachers & classmates. We put a brand new box of crayons, a "Jesus Loves Me" bracelet, & a bookmark into a baggie. My friend Heather is a genius at making up poems & chants, so she thought of 2 cute sayings for the cards.

We collected all sorts of apple things for the teachers' baskets. Keely Beth decided to pick a real green apple.
Here's her outfit for the 1st day. She picked this outfit out, but this was not her favorite outfit. That one is coming up soon.

We collected all sorts of apple things for the teachers' baskets. Keely Beth decided to pick a real green apple.
Here's her outfit for the 1st day. She picked this outfit out, but this was not her favorite outfit. That one is coming up soon.
I made a few decorations for the table. Phillip typed up the words using a cute font. I cut the pages with cute scissors. I left the year as a whole page so that I could easily put future years there. Her panda goody bag was waiting for her. I can't beleive that she actually noticed everything that we did & made comments about it all.
This summer I tried to make her breakfast plates interesting. Her waffle is in the shape of a flower. The bacon is supposed to be the grass. The powder sugar was the rain. The rain was a big hit! (even more than the juice which she hardly gets)
Here she's picking up the powdered sugar. She was enjoying her breakfast so much, that she didn't ask to open up her gift. I had to remind her about it. We put in notebooks, new paints, Dora Goes to School book, My Little Pony friend Rainbow Dash, My Little Pony crayons & coloring book, & a different pony that was brown since she got to ride a real horse the other day.
It was really hard to get a picture with out Rainbow Dash in her hands. You'll notice that she's still in the picture.
Here she's picking up the powdered sugar. She was enjoying her breakfast so much, that she didn't ask to open up her gift. I had to remind her about it. We put in notebooks, new paints, Dora Goes to School book, My Little Pony friend Rainbow Dash, My Little Pony crayons & coloring book, & a different pony that was brown since she got to ride a real horse the other day.
It was really hard to get a picture with out Rainbow Dash in her hands. You'll notice that she's still in the picture.
This was the best pic I could get with the backpack on.
She was watching Leap Frog Goes to School on dvd, & combing Rainbow Dash's hair in the car.
This is a bench outside of the church. The weather was so nice during drop off. It rained during pick up.
She just about fell over carrying her backpack & lunch box, but boy isn't she the cutest thing?
It was very crowded in the hallway. The teachers & staff pray together each day before the kids come into class.
Keely Beth, Mama, & Grandma Margaret

Keely marched down the hallway just like she knew what she was doing. She found her name on the wall. She then asked me to read everyone else's name to her. (Can you see the pink nails? We got them done the day before.)
Keely marched down the hallway just like she knew what she was doing. She found her name on the wall. She then asked me to read everyone else's name to her. (Can you see the pink nails? We got them done the day before.)
She walked right into her class. Daddy had to wave at her just to get her to say goodbye.
This is her after school walking back down the hallway to the car. Not a care in the world.

2 comments:
Awwww! Flowers from daddy! That is the sweetest thing! Looks like a great first day. She really is a little doll!
WOW!!! I am so amazed at all you did Jamila! You are such a wonderful and thoughtful mom! Not only did you make Keely feel special, but you remembered the other kids and her teachers. If only I could be a little more like you. Thanks for sharing these incredible pictures and memories. They are getting so big!
Post a Comment