Thursday, December 24, 2009

December so far...

We've had a very busy month. It started with Keely Beth playing a cherub angel in "The Real Christmas" play at our church.






Grandpa & Grandma came to watch. Sara & Matt got to see her 2 minutes of fame too.

After changing, she got to enjoy the other activities. Of course she found the pony. They had a lot of different animals to pet.

Cousin Caitlynn & daddy helped at the craft table. They made ornaments with stickers. They also made an star ornament with a handprint.They also got to decorate cookies! The kids were encouraged to wear their pjs.

We had to get a new tree this year. I sent Phillip & Keely out to buy one, & they came home with a pink one! They did get a green one for the living room.


On December 12th Keely got to go to the movies for the 1st time. We took her to see the new Disney Princess movie. The night before she got to sleep in her new pj's that had Princess Tiana on them. That morning she got a new barbie sized Tiana doll. She wore her crown to the movies, & they had girl dressed up as a princess for them to take pictures with. I need to see how to transfer my cell phone pics to the computer.

This is what Keely wore on wear "red" day at Mother's Day Out.

I found a recipe on Food Allergy Mama's website, so Keely & Grandma Margaret tried it out. Do you see that old mixer? My Mom has had it my whole life, I can't believe it still works!

She was so excited & proud to make cookies for her friends @ school.
The next day was the "Happy Birthday Jesus" party at school. She loved sharing her cookies. She's still trying to understand why Jesus' birthday is before hers.

Her gymnastics/tap class a mini-recital on the 19th. Next nine weeks it will change to gym/ballet. She's very excited to start ballet. She still loves gymnastics, but really likes the dance part.

One of my students gave us aprons for Christmas. I love to get cool presents! Aunt Sara Beth's & Granny O's kindergarten classes make gingerbread houses from milk cartons, so we got some of their extra leftovers.

It's really graham crackers glued onto 2 milk cartons. So simple, yet super fun!
She kept saying that she was a chef. She was very thoughtful about her actions. We made a snowman out for marshmellows that I need to add a picture of.

Keely Beth got a new dress for every Sunday of Advent. This past Sunday, her daddy had to get her ready all by himself. I think that he did a great job, I was pleased that he remembered to take a picture before they left. Her Sunday School class had a Happy Birthday Jesus party too. She got to take one of her specialty bakery cupcakes.
This is Keely's 3rd Christmas, but her 1st white one. She loved playing in the snow. She did not want to come in even though it felt like 7 degrees!

2 comments:

Molly said...

Oh my goodness! I LOVE this post with ALL of the pictures. I will have to show Cooper tomorrow. So many things to comment on that I can't even remember beside you are such a wonderful and creative mother! I LOVE that pink tree, what a sweet daddy she has! Everyone of these pictures makes me melt: the snow pics, the adorable aprons, the gingerbread houses out of graham crackers, I could go on and on.

I miss your family and your pumpkin of a daughter! Thanks for sharing her on here! Merry Christmas!

sujinmina said...

jamila! i love reading and seeing pics of you, phillip, AND keely beth. it's amazing all that's happened since elementary school!