Sunday, January 3, 2010

3 on the 3rd!

Keely Beth turned 3 years old! It's so hard for me to believe that she's not my baby anymore, but a real person. Phillip & I so desperately prayed for God to bless us with a child. She is MORE than we ever hoped for. Being her mommy is THE best job ever!We planned a little party for our Princess.
I had planned a few games, & since our living room isn't big enough to handle the kids; we had the party @ church.




The gift table: Phillip bought the favor boxes from Swadley's. (They have the best BBQ). Each buck-a-roo got a horse, a bouncy ball w/a horse inside, pony stickers, water pistol, & an activity booklet.
Each table was set with 2 balloons held by a tiny hay bale. Also, small ponies were around the bales. The tissue paper center pieces are an idea I got from watching the Duggar's on "18 Kids & Counting". You wrap tissue paper around a roll of toilet paper, & it makes the cutest center piece. I was going to tie the balloons around those, but decided that the hay bales needed something.
Keely helped plan the menu. She really wanted cucumbers & broccoli. Most of the food was allergy friendly ;)

Grandma Margaret, Jamila & Keely Beth

As each child arrived, they picked out a hat, bandanna, stick pony, & deputy's badge. Keely had the Sheriff's badge.

It's hard to see her badge in this picture, but you can see her new pistol.

The kids enjoyed the games we played. We had plenty of room to roam. They are playing "Cowboy Freeze" in this picture.

I can NOT believe how much they enjoyed "Pin the tail on the Pony". Each child wanted numerous turns at pinning.

Phillip had to spin some kids longer than others! All the daddies seem to have just as much fun as the kids!

Pig Herding was a hilarious to watch. They had to try to get the pigs (balloons) back into the pens (chairs). Instead of a lasso they used pink fly swatters! Barrel Racing with the stick ponies was a big hit too. The boys go very competitive trying to beat each others times.

It was so cute to hear Keely "read" the cards. After opening the gift she got up & hugged the giver. It was very sweet.

She's pretty good at posing with new things. She liked every gift. She was so excited that it was all for her.

I will have to post the videos later, but here she is right before we lit the candles. She was thrilled! She ate 2 pieces of her special cake that Green Goodies baked. Lots of other people liked  the vegan cake as well. Everyone LOVED the root beer floats that we served in Cowboy boot mugs. Keely got to taste one for the very 1st time, because her daddy found her some  special ice cream. (She cried for some more before bedtime!)

All in all, I think that she had a great birthday. Since she started attending Mother's Day Out at our church this year, out next adventure is to tackle the "school" party.

1 comment:

Erin said...

What an adorable party! I would expect nothing less from you Jamila! It's hard to believe she is 3. I remember the day she was born! What a sweet girl! I need a Keely fix soon!