We decided to continue with Art classes at the Oklahoma City MOA. Keely got to switch to the 3-5 year old class. It didn't seem any different than the 18-36 month class, but she enjoyed it. 
They read a book & looked for snowflakes in the pictures.
The were to draw the snowflakes they saw on the large paper. Next we headed to the gallery to find the one piece that had a snowflake.
Back in the classroom, they drew snowflakes with white crayons. It was a really hard concept, because you can't really see it until you add the water colors. It's a simple project that we easily can do at home.
She had to take a drink break! They always provide a snack & a drink. Usually the snack is something that she's allergic to, so I always bring a back up. Well, now that she's going to the potty better, I didn't bring in her diaper bag (which contains extra snacks). She say the gold fish, looked up at me, & I said no baby you can't have those, & I forgot to bring in your snack from the car. She smiled and said "It's okay mommy". Like she needed to comfort me! I was expecting a semi-fit, & she was totally fine.
She wanted to go home & give it to Grandma & Grandpa right then. I instead dragged her to the mall for a few hours. She's a trooper.
Keely Beth was looking pretty cute thanks to Sara Beth. Well, when I got to school later that afternoon...
She was in her emergency outfit! I looked at her & she said" It's okay mommy" She hardly has accidents, & of course the time I get to come to her class is the day she didn't make it to the potty. She was so excited to share her special cupcakes with her friends, it didn't' matter which outfit she was wearing.
I was so busy passing her things to pass out, that I didn't get very many pics. Just imagine 10 almost 3 year olds getting a mini-cupcake & a mini-bottle of water. I held her off from eating long enough that she could pass out the favors. We had ordered just enough from her birthday party that she could share with her class as well. They each got a cute cowboy boot mug with the goodies wrapped up in a handkerchief. They loved it! It's so funny how a 10 cent bouncing ball can bring such a smile. Even Ms. Hope & Ms.Sally wanted a boot & handkerchief too. It was an okay day, followed by a total melt down because she wanted another cupcake. "It's okay, we'll get through these moody threes!"
2 comments:
She is growing up so fast. I guess I'll have to be "okay "with that! I had to show my mom the pics...so sweet. xo
Sara Beth
I miss this sweet Keely Beth! Love the pictures and your precious love bug. She says that because she hears you saying that Jamila!! You are such a wonderful mom and she is beyond blessed to have you walk her through life. Miss you guys like crazy!
Post a Comment