School days are coming to an end. We are enjoying the nice weather. It sure does change a lot! This day it was a little chillier than it had been.
It was teacher appreciation week @ Keely's school. My friend Heather wrote a very cute poem using candy words. Her teachers really enjoyed the special treats. I also got to go sub for the teachers at Mother's Day Out during my lunch break while they enjoyed a nice teacher "Queen for the Day" luncheon.
This is Keely on the last day of school. It's only the last day until after Vacation Bible School, since she is taking summer school.
The bakery that I usually order her special cupcakes from suffered some severe damage during one of our Oklahoma Hail storms.I started to panic about which treats she would bring to share. I thought about fruit kabobs, but handing skewers to 12 three year-olds didn't seem wise.
I finally decided on ice cream banana splits. I got the cutest bowls from the $tree. I had Phillip scoop the ice cream the night before so that I wouldn't have to do it at the party. (the bowls came w/ lids) I cut the bananas the night before & froze them w/ the ice cream, I was so hoping that they wouldn't turn. (They didn't!) They were a big hit. Some of the parents were trying to eat their kids' splits! I think that Keely ate more syrup than ice cream. (I packaged hers & another classmate w/ allergies separately & marked them to make sure they got the safe ones). Keely has been eating the sprinkles on everything since we got home. (How does toast, honey, & sprinkles sound for breakfast?)
Later that night we had a special dinner to celebrate my niece BreeAunna's graduation. She is going to go to UCO in the fall. We are very proud of her.
Friday was a very busy day for us. Keely Beth's tap recital was at 5:00 & BreeAunna's graduation was at 6:00. Of course the dance lasted all of 3 minutes, so we made it in time to see the Pomp & Circumstance.
Here is a picture of Keely Beth & her good friend Allie Claire after the dance. I'll post the video after I finish editing it.

1 comment:
Keely is adorable. I think I've told you that before. As a mom, I'm sure you never get tired of hearing it though.
I love the little tin you gave for teacher appreciation. The poem is cute too. Did the teacher recipient love it? Thanks for sharing! :)
Post a Comment