Last week I was blessed to celebrate my 3rd Mother's Day. Phillip took Keely to Art class the day before. She made me a beautiful flower brooch. There aren't any pictures because Phillip took her to art class. Here is a picture of us that we took using the timer.
School is winding down. I can't wait for our summer adventures to begin. (Or ab-ventures as Keely says) Since I am taking a few classes my self this summer, we decided to have Keely Beth continue at Mother's Day Out. She loves going to "school". They have school spirit day once a month.
Saturday was a full day for us girls. First we went to art class. Then we got to go to the Bridal store & see Sara Beth try on dresses! Keely even tried on a couple of flower girls dresses. We can't wait until October. Since I can't reveal any details of Sara's wedding, I'll show a few of art class. The works were inspired by Jasper Johns. (Apparently he's famous for flag paintings). Anyway, he uses lots of different layers in his works. 

The first step was gluing newsprint. Then they used cool colors (green, white, & blue) over the newspaper. 

They used warm colors (yellow, red, orange) to paint numbers. They also used Q-tips to make dots because that's what Jasper Johns does.
After Sunday school she was able to tell me lots of details about Jonah in the belly of the whale. I'm so glad she's excited to learn bible stories!



1 comment:
Whoa! I love that picture of you two girls! Jamila!!! You look INCREDIBLE! I can't wait to actually see you in person and squeeze you! Love you friend and miss you terribly! Maybe when things wind down this summer we can actually get together!
Post a Comment