Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Gearing up for the Summer

April is almost over. Boy it's sure flown by. Right now I am trying to figure out our summer schedule. I don't want to do the same themes as last year, so I am trying to come up with some different things.
We've been doing some planting. I didn't get any pictures of Keely planting watermelon seeds. That's what I'm most excited about. Oh, I'm also pretty excited about my big pot by the front door. Now Keely will pose by it, instead of the inside doorway.
I'm sensing a yellow theme. I guess it's spring.
The theme for her latest art class was birds. The class did a group drawing while Ms. Erin read a book. After sketching a bird the kids used watercolors to paint it.
She loves to paint! While we waited for the paint to dry, we searched the museum exhibits for birds.


She did this whole thing by herself. The teacher asked them to place a bird on a branch. Keely thought to add the nest, sky, grass, and that lime green blob is a bee.

She's so happy getting ready to go to church. I hope that her enthusiam lasts her whole life.

For the last 2 summers Keely Beth & I have taken a Mommy & me swimming class. Well, now she is old enough to join a class without me. Today was her first lesson. Phillip took all of the pictures because I had to go to class. I wish that there was one of her cute matching flip-flops, but I'll have to get that pic next time.

Her daddy said that she remembered quite a bit from her previous lessons. That's a good thing since she thinks she's Ariel.

4 comments:

Trisha said...

She is just a doll. And quite the artist!

Molly said...

WHOA Keely! That's quite an amazing piece of art. Seriously...Owen couldn't do that! What a smart cookie. Miss you guys like crazy. Let me know if Keely wants to hang out with the Shockleys at all this summer!!! We would love it! XOXOXO

Allison said...

What a cute little girl with a cute name! :)

Allison said...

Hi again!

You have won my Wal-Mart gift card!

Please email me your name/address at
AllisonLHardin at gmail dot com!

Congrats!!!