
It's been a very busy week already. Keely's new gym class started on Monday. Her friend Allie joined the class!
My friend Molly Crouch inspired me to think of weekly themes for each week of the summer. I tried to think of a craft, song, snack, & field trip to incorporate into the week along with numbers/letters, puzzles/games. Well, this week was supposed to be All About Insects. With summer school starting, Phillip still working, & our 8th anniversary being yesterday, insect studies have gotten off to a slow start. We did make it to the library today to sign up for the summer reading program. We checked out several books on bugs (& other things) so we should be good to go!
Keely & I walked to the park for bit today while Phillip cut the lawn. When we returned home she said, "Thanks for taking me to the park Mommy, I love you". Oh what joy that girl brings to me each day.
Oh, I am trying to think of a snack that's cuter than "ants on a log"(with soy butter, craisins, & celery). If you have any suggestions, let me know.

5 comments:
I love it! That's a great idea for the bug theme! You are such a wonderful mom Jamila! What I wouldn't give to live closer to you all! You could do something fun with large marshmellows and stick pretzels out the sides for bug legs. I can't remember if she can even have pretzels, but it's a thought and maybe you could find something else to use as bug legs!
We need to get together! Got anything going on tomorrow? We could swim at our pool!
I love the new family pic!
Phillip gets major dad points for matching you cute girls.
Give Keely a XO for me!
Sara
Not really healthy, but you can stick a row of gum drops on stuff to look like caterpillars. You could also do something w/spaghetti and call it worms (maybe too gross for Keely).
Ewww, worms! I think that the gumdrops might be cute. Cute trumps health sometimes!
How impressive ... a weekly theme in the summer. I think our theme the last few weeks is to try to get everyone out of their jammies before lunch!! :)
Sounds fun!
Post a Comment